Friday, May 13, 2011

Echo & the Bunnymen - Kelley Stoltz -- 9:30 Club May 11 2011 (Executive Summary)

Blogspot underwent some maintenance and either lost my review or will put it up later. Hopefully they will put it up, as I don't want to rewrite it. For now, here's the short version of what happened...

Kelly Stoltz - I enjoyed Stoltz's set quite a bit. Good songs and some nice playing on his part with a quiet but sharp band behind him. Crowd was a tad muted, but they seemed to like it.

Echo and the Bunnymen - I only stayed for 5-6 songs as the stage lighting had blinding flashes that bored into my brain. Even an hour later it hurt to blink and gave me a headache. Really stupid lighting effect and the rest of the lighting was no better. It was not as bad when I went to the floor, but it was jammed and the headache sent me home early. They sounded decent enough when I could focus on the music.

No comments: