Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Scout Niblett - Dope Body - Roomrunner -- Comet Ping Pong - Sep 10 2013

Roomrunner - Too fucking loud.

Dope Body - Still too fucking loud, although I detect a band in there somewhere.
Scout Niblett - Here is a three piece band that is able to create drama and power through managing pace and volume coupled with transcendent vocal maneuvering. I really enjoyed her recent album, and even with only a listen or two a few weeks ago, the songs came to full life in my memory with her passionate interpretations tonight. She started with just guitar and voice for the first song, with the drummer joining her half way through the second. Another guitarist completed the line-up in third song with some intriguing snaking solos that had a cleaner contrasting tone. The vocals were strong throughout and pulled me into the magic of these songs for the entire time. It is amazing what a little control, thought, and style can do in a live musical setting. This English woman is a veteran, but is still expanding the dent in the USA. She appears to be well on her way and it would be worth your time to see if you want to be a part of it all.

Quote of the Night: Some nameless person looking at me at my spot outside the door furthest away from the PA where I could still see the stage sometime between the second and third bands... "It's so sad."

No comments: